Monday, January 5, 2009

Track my rides

I have gotten off the couch and gone on 3 rides in 2009. And I have
the Garmin 305 back on the road bike to track my rides. One think that
riders tend to do is over estimate their rides. Heck, I can ride 20
miles and hour and if I am out for 5 hours I must have gone 100 miles
right?
Sorry, wrong, maybe 75? Even if you hammer. Stops, lights, coffee,
flats all slow you down. So getting the Garmin back on the bike keeps
you somewhat honest, even if its just honest to yourself.

All of this being said, if I can get my hands on another SRM I would
like to put it on my road bike. Or maybe I will swap it of the TT bike
for a few months.

To view my rides check out www.motionbased.com
Then search for "bcp2usc". That will take you to my activities.

95 on Thurs
85 on Sat
82 on Sun (with Early Birds mixed in)

Coble