Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Benefits of training with people who are fun to talk to.

Today's morning workout was a run with good people. Plain and simple. There was no specific plan I had other than finish with some hill repeats and a few jumps. But before that, I headed out with about a dozen OC runners of all ages and speeds. When you run with a group like this you barely know you are running. Someone has a funny story, someone has a sad story. People talk about work, about a great weekend. Past or future training.

And what ends up happening is you've ran 50+ minutes covering who knows (and who cares) how many miles. What you do know is you had a great time, refreshed some friendships and maybe made a couple new ones.

I admit to being a tad of a loner as an athlete, but this turned out to be my limiter as a PRO. Maybe I am more of a social athlete than I thought.

Thanks for the run guys and gals, let's get a group together for a ride...