Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Vacation Day

I was bumping up against my max vacation time at work. (I guess I was working too hard. But could you blame me? We are in the worst economy since the Great Depression and there is less demand for everything except Treasuries. I work with mostly municipal debt so we didn't get wrecked as bad as the all equity guys, but everyone is scared about everything.)
So I took a few days off this week to train and get below my limit so I can still earn vacation.

Today's day was ok. I had an epic 120 miler on Sunday that forced my dad to pick me up in Menlo Park. Today was a 3 hour ride, just over 60 miles, and then an hour run. I had planned to run a tad more but the weather was up over 90 degrees.

The ride was only ok. Stopped at the Chain Reaction Los Altos and checked out a pretty sweet 2007 TTX. Pretty sharp bike, but I want them to take a tad more off the 2200 they are asking.

The run was hot, hot, hot. I was in a pretty dark place after only 40 min, but somehow I was able to plug along for another 27 min. Kinda happy about that. I did it sans shirt to get a litte color. Not sure if it worked, but...

Looking forward to Wildflower. Not super confident in my fitness, but I want to use it as a test. And Sunday will just be for fun.

I'll let you know how the rest of the "vacation"goes.

Coble