Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The need for speed! And support!

After putting up ok bike results for the last couple years I made a
late season switch to triathlons in 2008. Finally the results I have
been looking for. In tris (except ITU) it is you versus the course and
the competition has the same challenge. They can't just sit on your
wheel for a free ride.

Since I have put up some good results in late 2008 some sponsor
interest is heading my way. With the help of Chris Hauth (Olympic Club
member, pro and Ironman Champion) he has connected me with Sailfish
wetsuits. This will be a great relationship as they work both in cold
water wetsuits and warm water "speed suits" for Kona. I look forward
to being a great brand ambassador for Sailfish and helping them get
great traction in the US for 2009.

http://sailfish.com/index.php?lang=EN&kap=kap_1_0_0_0

More to come on the sponsor side. Nutrition is getting nailed down and
will begin talks regarding equipment and coaching next week.

Coble

PS I swam first workout last night. Good to be back and am happy Lee,
Dean, and Danielle were there. I don't think the motivation is there
to do solo swim workouts in December...