Thursday, November 6, 2008

150k=???

I was bumping up against my max for vacation at work so I decided to take the day and go for a great ride. Last night after a work dinner with an advisor and his wife at Scott's Seafood in San Jose I headed over to Fremont where I promptly crashed on my parent's couch.
After a 7am conference call with my new business partners (working on vaca?) I headed out on a ride. Decided to head south down through Los Gatos, Almaden, and then out to Uvas Resevior. After 70k I U turned and headed back home. A couple flats later, I stopped at a Cupertino Bike Shop to grab a couple extra tubes for the last 30k or so home. CBS is a solid shop. The owner/s love bikes and you can tell based on the collection of classic rides they have on their top shelf. There is not quite the same feeling as Cyclepath in San Mateo, but if you are stuck down in that area they are a solid shop.
But one thing I need to work on is programming my SRM. Its still in metric, which is fine, but I think the power numbers are low. I am clipping along at 40k/hr, but the wattage shows 120W. Seems pretty low. I'll have Gebhard, Roger, or D-Man check it out soon.
Maybe a swim before the banquet/buffet a little later.

Beautiful day.

Coble