Monday, November 3, 2008

And the countdown begins

Three weeks and counting... IMAZ Nov08

Now that I am all caught up lets focus on the future. Ironman AZ November 23rd. Pretty excited, but now nervous because I have a pain in my right lower calf. So I guess I will have to go light on the running for a few days as taper time looms. But actually that is ok. The biking could use some work and swimming is low impact. Part of my theory is that I was taking in too much protein now that I have fallen in love with my new smoothie concoctions and I was becomeing dehydrated. Maybe there was a cramp that I didn't notice and I unfortunatly ran through it. Now there is small concern in my brain.

Sat Nov 1st:
1 hour treadmill run (hurt the leg)
1:20 tt bike on the rollers
Ate too much junk for dinner

Sun Nov 2nd:
4 hour ride on the road bike since it was wet outside. Stayed in the saddle so not to bother the calf.
2200 swim, a tad dehydrated and starting to cramp (where my hydration theory started)

Coble