Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some secret training for taper time

I was able to find some time over the last couple days to get some
good focused training in. Monday I had that great "taper workout" but
I followed it up with a strong Tues. I was able to sneak out for a
quick 1:45 on the bike, focusing on staying in the aero and putting
out the right amount of power. Tuesday evening I put in a good 4k in
the pool. Nothing super special to write about for Wednesday either. I
hopped in the pool for 6am workout but only felt like doing a 1000 so
I went for soak.

In the evening yesterday I put on some running pants and a long sleeve
shirt for a comfortable run. I am not sure I have figured out how to
do that though. I seem to run at about the same speed all of the time.
Hopefully it is a pace that will set me up well for IMAZ. I think for
my next big race I will need to go back to a more focused training
regimen. I give myself a B for this season. But up until Hood to Coast
my grade was about a C+ at best.

As for a gear update. I am tempted to get a fixed gear to cruise
around on. The goal would be to set it up just like my road bike,
including 172.5 cranks. I will find out more and keep you in the loop
if possible.

Coble