Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sat Kook ride +

My brother and I went to see Jim Gaffigan last night at the Warfield. Danny is a big fan so he was pretty excited to see him come to town. The #1 take away was a joke about making your bed. His argument against it, "I don't tie my shoes after I take them off." Thank you Jim, I will never lose that argument again.
Dan dropped me off and I did a little extra work on the bike. The sleeve on the tube for my new hydration system, the Speedfil (http://www.invisciddesign.com/), won't slide on easily. So today I will had to ride with just two bottles. Unfortunately, the bottle with the Base Amino (baseperformance.com) popped out immediately. So just one bottle for the whole ride. Luckily I now know where lots of places to refill are, now that I have been on a few rides. I also had with me 10 servings of Hammer Gel.
I headed out on the Kook ride, saw Brock and Mack, and then Ryan Bennett joined us. Brock took off to ride to Muir Woods but my Cervelo P3SL is not made for that route. I headed up Sir Francis Drake and then U-turned back to San Rafael where I rode the Marin Tri course. As I headed back it looked like the clouds were getting darker. As I was coming into Sausolito it started to mist. Now the race is on because I did not want the new SRM to get wet.
Speaking of, the SRM is sweet. I am putting out good wattage, and am able to clip along at ~35-38 kph. My goal for IMAZ will be to stick it at 270 watts and 37kph. That would put me in at a good ride. Lets just hope I can run off it.
No run after, too wet and cold.
Coble