Monday, November 17, 2008

One week and counting

Its Monday morning. My final "training" is in the bag and I will be
focused purely on rest and nutrition for the rest of the week. Sat
morning I met up with Hal and Steve for a easy spin in Marin county.
We decided to wait for the Kook ride since Garrett, Aliano and Drew
were in the pack. Easy spin through Ross, Fairfax etc. The OC guys
(Mostly Romjue) hit the front up over Sir Francis Drake. On the decent
I hopped into the aero bars and put in a good minute effort down to
the right turn. TT bikes are much faster the road bikes.
Climbing up the grade we lost about 1/2 the pack and they never caught
us. Left up front was myself, Romjue, and Garrett. After the steeper
parts of the decent and the little bump I attacked with the focus of
holding >400W all the way to the sprint. Since I had a good night's
sleep it was relatively easy. I had a huge lead and sat up to watch
what ever sprint for second there was.
Rolled down to Pt. Reyes and then all of the way down the coast.
Wicked headwind coming out of Stinson Beach. Finished the ride in a
tad under 5 hours ride time. Ate some food and then headed down to PA
to meet my family for the Stanford-USC game.
Sunday was a relaxing day as well. Some easy swimming/skulling and a
1 hour run. Some food and a couple trips to Sports Basement, and I am
getting good to go.

Tonight I will get out of the office early, ride a tad, and then swim
a tad. Tomorrow will be an easy run and swim workout. Plan is to have
the bike into Gebhard for a check-up for a Wednesday pickup.
Coble